Finding Time to accept all of who you are is a gentle, deliberate process that will transform your time and give you a solid base for action. That’s because being your most productive self, your most empowered self, means being your WHOLE self. And that’s where Empowered Compassion™ comes in.
Like the in-breath that is followed by the out-breath, Empowered Compassion™ offers you exactly what you need from moment-to-moment so that you can not just survive, but thrive in this life.
Acceptance = Access: When you accept all of you, you give yourself access to all of you. And you need to have access to your fullest self to live each moment richly, abundantly, and successfully! Think about it.
Would you want to try to build a house or type up a business proposal with one arm tied behind your back? But, if you wall off mistakes, embarrassments, or painful or troubling parts of yourself, you are hampering your efforts in just that way.
Compassion changes all of that and gives you full access to all of you. Try this brief exercise and see how quickly compassion can open and transform this very moment for you:
Soft Goes Deep
- Find a comfortable spot , settle in, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax.
- Picture your compassionate self approaching from a distance. Watch as she draws closer and closer. How do you feel as she draws near?
- Think back to a time when you were afraid or troubled and needed support. Let you compassionate self’s heart fill with warm and welcoming love – the same as you’d offer a friend in need.
- What do you want to ask of your compassionate self? Let yourself soften and ask for what you need.
- Listen and let your compassionate self respond from her heart, giving you what you need freely and lovingly.
- How does it feel to soften and fully experience this warm exchange? You are empowering yourself with compassion in a new way, as you come back to this present moment.
Notice how you can see what you need and access it from your compassionate self anytime you soften and travel within. You possess the power to deepen your self-knowledge and self-acceptance right now. And it doesn’t have to take a lot of time. This is really as much about finding heart as it is about finding time.
And the truly great news is that when you find heart you transform your time! When you cultivate Empowered Compassion™ your courage and self-acceptance accompany you into the next moment.
As you befriend yourself and your mistakes, lessons emerge and you are enriched. Then, as you love and accept yourself more, you find it easier to love and accept others. You own more of your life and this enables you to remain centered, focused, and productive amidst the heat and noise of living. Cultivating Empowered Compassion™ is a lifelong journey, and each small step is important.
So to find heart and transform your time, take these steps:
- Slow down.
- Listen deep.
- Befriend your whole self.
As you open from the inside with Empowered Compassion™, notice how this transforms your experience of yourself, of others, and of your time.
And are you interested in learning more about the Heart-Based Time Management™ Path? Here’s one way that you can transform and deepen your relationship to time in the Heart-Based Way … I invite you to explore Secrets of Heart-Based Time Management™ – my chapter in the book I co-authored – Stepping Stones to Success! In it I share my proven system for exploring and harnessing the power of your mind, your body and your spirit to help you deepen your experience of time and of your life.
As you work with the ideas I offer, you’ll explore your patterns, clarify your values, identify and prioritize your goals … and create your path for achieving them. You can give yourself the gift of this wonderful resource today, and get started on your journey toward success, Stepping Stone by Stepping Stone …just click this link to get the details!
- Find Time to Fuel Your Resilience With Empowered Compassion™ (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time for Empowered Compassion™ (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Put a Little Love in Your Heart (thetimefinder.com)