Finding time to celebrate – even a mini-mini-celebration, is a delightful way to add “juice” to your day. That’s why I recommend not only creating a pleasurable morning ritual, but also keeping it fresh, so it’s a genuine treat!
Ritual doesn’t mean rote, after all. My morning ritual provides consistent support, yet it’s fine-tuned to meet me wherever I am. That means it’s flexible and changes from one morning to the next.
You might find it helpful to brainstorm a list of activities that provide a boost, and then select the one that speaks to your heart for the upcoming day. Here are a few questions you might ask yourself when compiling your list:
- What engages my interest?
- What energizes me?
- What relaxes and centers me?
- What sends me into the day ready to face the unexpected?
Does the last question surprise you? Well, your day may challenge you to focus where you’d hoped to relax, and to flex where you wanted to stay focused. Wouldn’t it be nice to feel more prepared?
When your morning ritual includes pastimes like memorizing favorite quotations, you plant in your imagination “seed phrases” that serve as mantras throughout your day, whatever it brings.
And when you move your energy with pleasurable activity during your morning ceremony, you will feel more sure-footed when new challenges come knocking.
See how far-sighted you can be when you look within! Envision what challenges stretch you and which ones generate strain. Try playing with choices that provide a comfortable stretch.
At bedtime, you might reflect back. Ask yourself a few questions to open things up:
- How well did your ritual support you?
- Did it help balance your energies, inspire you, orient you or keep you focused?
- Was it fun?
- Did you rush through or skip certain portions altogether?
Don’t include any activities wearing a “you should” hat! Reshape your ritual until it sparks your enthusiasm and invites your commitment.
So are you ready to create a morning ritual for yourself and keep it fresh? There’s so much to explore … so stay tuned!
And in the meantime, if you’d like to explore ways to increase your power and effectiveness – whether it’s in your business, or your personal life … I am so pleased to be able to offer my expertise and support as The Official SelfGrowth.com Guide to “Time Management”.
You can visit by clicking the link, and when you do you’ll find lots of time management articles by experts in the field, along with a vibrant and welcoming on-line community. Stop by my Expert Page and leave a comment or question … or just say hello. There are lots of ways to connect … I’d love to get started!
- Find Time to Make Your Morning Ritual Sparkle (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Create a Morning Ritual: The Heart-Based Way to Start Your Day! (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Make Your Morning Ritual Truly Yours: More Time Tips (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Let Changes Change You, Too! (thetimefinder.com)