If you’ve wondered exactly where flexible focus can help you, here are some classic scenarios where this tool can give you a timely boost:
- Training new employees.
- Starting a new job.
- Collaborating closely with a colleague who has a different work style.
- Introducing/Integrating new people or projects into busy schedules.
- Balancing work and home demands.
Do you face any of these challenges now? Or, do any of these bring to mind other times when you have been stretched too thin and felt like you were spinning your wheels in mud?
Take special note of the situations that stand out for you. Write them down as a first step, keeping in mind that challenges become much more manageable when you move them out of your head and onto a page.
Then, as we mentioned in our first post about Flexible Focus, take these two key and timely steps:
- Internalize the power: Take time to travel within and create a heart-based approach to the personal challenge that you are facing; and
- Externalize the tasks: Do some brainstorming about what systems you can develop to keep things running smoothly.
You start to benefit as soon as you realize that certain situations call for Flexible Focus.
Mindfulness during these times will broaden your perspective. You’ll find it easier to be patient with yourself and others, too. And then from that base, you are freed up to brainstorm creative solutions and responses to whatever challenges you face.
Finally, at the end of the day, give yourself a few moments to reflect. Envision how using flexible focus has sent ripples of fresh energy to you throughout your day, and take a deep, relaxing breath of gratitude!
Are you feeling ready to start using flexible focus to find time when you need it most? What does that process look like for you? Picture it, make it real, and drop me a line – I’d love to hear how it goes!
And are you interested in deepening your relationship to time in the Heart-Based Way? Then, I invite you to explore Secrets of Heart-Based Time Management – my chapter in the book I co-authored – Stepping Stones to Success! In it I share my proven system for exploring and harnessing the power of your mind, your body and your spirit to help you deepen your experience of time and of your life. As you work with the ideas I offer, you’ll explore your patterns, clarify your values, identify and prioritize your goals … and create your path for achieving them. You can give yourself the gift of this wonderful resource today, and get started on your journey toward success, Stepping Stone by Stepping Stone …just click this link to get the details!
Let’s explore time together …
- Find Time to Thrive with Flexible Focus-2 Timely Touchstones (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Bust Your Time Gremlins and Break Out of Your Time Traps! (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Increase Your Productivity with this Cyber Monday Time Tool! (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Value Your Values the Heart-Based Way (thetimefinder.com)