Finding time in periods of change and transition requires reestablishing balance. This is a skill that you can develop and hone for yourself. As you bring more intentionality to the process of managing change, what might start as a stagger can evolve into a dance!
Earlier this month I wrote about Finding Time to Dance Through Transitions with Your Intuition and Priority Power™ and I noted that, “In much the same way that dancing requires balance between your right foot and your left foot, transitions require coordination between your right-brain intuition and your left-brain planning and Priority Power™.”
Dancing, of course, is a joyful coordination of left foot and right foot. In the same way, dancing with change requires having your right brain intuition and left brain logic work in harmony.
Today, I’d like to get a little bit more concrete and explore how to use your calendar to coordinate your intuitive overview with logistical demands.
Interestingly, that standardized grid of a calendar is a wonderful partner to intuition. That’s because it provides you with an overview that helps you perceive and ultimately coordinate developing rhythms. Here are some ways that you can frame this for yourself:
- Try color-coding your projects as you schedule individual action steps. This makes them easier to pick out.
- Which tasks recur cyclically?
- How much time does each step take?
The evolving pattern of emerging and receding demands forms the dance of your priorities. To pin things down for yourself and get specific about how you will be using your time, note on your calendar when each project must claim precedence and for how long.
Here are a few final tips to consider as you dance through change:
- Along with chunking down projects into action steps, make liberal use of soft deadlines.
- Color-coding is really a wonderful (and powerful) tool to incorporate into your repertoire. It helps you conduct quick scans and avoid logjams.
- The more you befriend your calendar and dance with your priorities, the more flow you can enjoy.
- And while you are at it, remember to schedule in time to recharge your batteries. Then, your calendar supports your overall well-being as well as your productivity.
Are you interested in learning more about the Heart-Based Time Management™ Path? Here’s one way that you can transform and deepen your relationship to time in the Heart-Based Way … I invite you to explore Secrets of Heart-Based Time Management™ – my chapter in the book I co-authored – Stepping Stones to Success! In it I share my proven system for exploring and harnessing the power of your mind, your body and your spirit to help you deepen your experience of time and of your life.
As you work with the ideas I offer, you’ll explore your patterns, clarify your values, identify and prioritize your goals … and create your path for achieving them. You can give yourself the gift of this wonderful resource today, and get started on your journey toward success, Stepping Stone by Stepping Stone …just click this link to get the details!