I’d like to suggest that rituals are one way of keeping the slivers of precious time that you find from being swallowed up by routines that may not serve you so well.
Are you wondering what the difference really is between a ritual and just another routine?
Well, sometimes it may boil down to what you choose to do. And sometimes, it may be simply a deep level of mindfulness you bring to activities like drinking a cup of tea, or walking around the block.
Here are two things to consider. They will help you see and feel the difference between rituals and routines.
- Routines can often feel rushed or monotonous – or both! They get you through one part of the day on your way to the next chapter.
- Rituals, on the other hand, send down roots, here and now. As they go deeper and deeper, you draw sustenance from your inner wellsprings. You feel nourished and refreshed.
When you honor what you do with loving attention, you honor who you are. So you enrich your activities with deeper meaning. When you engage in rituals whole-heartedly, you immerse yourself in the moment, and time expands.
This is no small achievement! You drink in more pleasure with quiet focus upon your movements, moment by moment.
Being fully present to yourself can be as heart-opening as watching a newborn baby sleep, each little breath a miracle. (Having welcomed my third grandchild into the world recently, I can attest to this first-hand!) Why not maximize this potential when you first greet the day?
And before I forget, here’s a one-day, Cyber Monday special from Solo-E! Just visit their Facebook Fan Page today – Monday, November 28th – anytime from 12:01am ET to midnight ET to find special deals ranging from handmade earrings and blown glass, to bookkeeping services and coaching programs … and everything in between! Buy gifts for friends, family — even yourself.
You can share this very special event with your friends – just e-mail them this post, or Tweet about it, or share it on Facebook!
- Find Time to Create a Morning Ritual: The Heart-Based Way to Start Your Day! (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Make Your Morning Ritual Sparkle (thetimefinder.com)
- Find Time to Freshen Your Morning Ritual and Renew Your Energy Every Day! (thetimefinder.com)