Gratitude is a very powerful attitude. It has no equal as a vehicle for transforming your time and perspective … and opening your heart! And Valentine’s Day is a perfect day for reflecting on heart-based living.
In the past I’ve written here about the power of gratitude. Is it something that you’ve experienced in your own life?
One simple, concrete way that you can get started is to keep a Gratitude Journal. It needn’t be elaborate, and it needn’t take a lot of time. Many people find that just writing down 3 things they feel grateful for, once a day, changes everything!
If you are still not sure about how this could work for you, here are ten wonderfully nourishing quotations about gratitude to reflect on, as they explore the expansive and transforming nature of gratitude:
- Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture. ~Kak Sri
- If you have lived, take thankfully the past. ~John Dryden
- As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. ~Terri Guillemets
- I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton
- The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! ~Henry Ward Beecher
- Praise the bridge that carried you over. ~George Colman
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder
- The struggle ends when the gratitude begins. ~Neale Donald Walsch
- If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good
- Gratitude is an opener of locked-up blessings. ~Marianne Williamson
So, here’s to gratitude, as we celebrate and open our hearts this Valentine’s Day!
And if you’d like to explore Heart-Based Time Management™ more deeply, there’s a great way to do that right now! I invite you to access Secrets of Heart-Based Time Management™ – my chapter in the book I co-authored – Stepping Stones to Success! In it you’ll learn about my proven system for harnessing the power of your mind, your body and your spirit to help you deepen your experience of time and of your life.
You can give yourself the gift of this wonderful resource today, and get started on your journey toward success, Stepping Stone by Stepping Stone …just click this link.
- Gratitude: Feel How It Deepens and Expands Your Time! (thetimefinder.com)
- Gratitude: Give It Away and Enrich Your Time (thetimefinder.com)
- Resilience Keeps You Going, and So Much More! (thetimefinder.com)