Perfectionism is one of the most undermining, deceptive, and energy-sapping Time Gremlins around. Do you feel its effects in your life?
In this post I am going to walk you through the process of stepping away from perfectionism so that you can gain a grounded perspective and start claiming your power and achieving your goals.
Slaying the Dragon of Perfectionism
You’re a true hero in your life each time you free yourself from painful patterns like perfectionism. No one else can overpower your Time Gremlins. And the truth is that when they are entrenched, as perfectionism surely can be, it is a real battle, dislodging them. Slaying dragons is a metaphor that is more accurate than you might imagine!
So when self-defeating behavior is deeply rooted, call upon your full range of strengths to overcome it. With wholehearted effort, you not only improve your time choices, you also develop more strength and focus for everything you do.
Reduce Your Perfectionism with a Dose of Reality
To get at the roots of your perfectionism, compassion is essential. Rationality is, too.
Perfectionism is mired in sour, judgmental self-criticism. So matter-of-fact questions invite you to set down old assumptions to come up with fresh answers.
Asking yourself simple, straightforward, rational questions leads you to rethink, revise and reject your impossible quest for perfection:
Root Out Perfectionism with These 3 Questions
Ingrained assumptions don’t like to be challenged by facts. That’s because they are not based in reality. Once you decide to stand up to your perfectionism, you can take advantage of this!
The next time you tell yourself, “But it’s still not perfect,” ask these 3 questions:
- What does perfect mean in this instance?
- How might a neutral onlooker describe the project at present?
- What do you learn from this?
Perfectionism eats up the energy and undermines the confidence of countless bright, energetic, and talented people. Are you one of them?
“Why Perfectionists Aren’t Perfect: How to Overcome the Pitfalls of Perfectionism and Change Your Life for Good” is my new E-Guide Book that puts proven, practical, heart-based time success tools into your hands. It gently steers you to a more profound understanding of your challenges and helps you unlock the door to your freedom.
With this E-Guide Book you engage in a process of learning that is deepening and doable and definitely within your reach. The thought-provoking strategies, tips and exercises help you discover how to:
- Recognize the messages that fuel your perfectionism,
- Create new realistic and compassionate messages to empower yourself, and
- Increase your confidence, creativity, productivity, and satisfaction.
And it comes with two powerful bonuses:
- “Perfectionism and Procrastination: Untangling the Knots”is an immediately downloadable Special Report that sells separately for $9.95 — and is my gift to you! This Special Report takes you by the hand and leads you through sequenced exercises. It also includes a customizable template with concrete examples to help you solidify your learning as you deepen your understanding of yourself and your time choices.
- And in addition to this Special Report,we’ve added a 5-week e-course. You’ll receive weekly, bite-sized servings of “Why Perfectionists Aren’t Perfect” — right to your in-box.
So, are you tired of feeling like your own worst enemy? And are you ready to step away from perfectionism and free up the time and energy it’s been devouring? Then click the link below to learn more about this transformative time tool and the bonuses that come with it!