Your Personal Time Plan
Do you feel out of sync with yourself?
Do you take the time to do things that are most meaningful to you?
Our unique, customized Personal Time Plan will provide a vehicle for exploring your responses to these important questions.
First, we assist you to concretely identify your personal values about your daily use of time. Then, we help you learn how to integrate and align your personal values with your choices and behaviors around how you plan for, and actually use, time.
Your core values regarding the time in your life – usually in the form of messages about time that you received in the past – are relatively stable over time. They become a distinct and consistent – even if unconscious – basis for your life choices.
- Are your current time choices and behavior congruent with your personal value system?
- If not, what do you need to do to change them?
- What action steps will you take?
In the Second Phase of developing your Personal Time Plan,we will help you make reality-based decisions about what you truly want to do with your time.
This Phase is important because your current priorities concerning the best use of your time will change as you move through different stages of your life. We no longer move lockstep through predictable and clearly defined life transitions. For example, at forty you may be a grandparent, while your neighbor or a colleague, at forty, may have a toddler roaming the house.
So, ask yourself:
- Right now in your life, what would your priorities be if you could find time to do what you really want to do?
- What are three ways you would choose to spend your time if you could find the time?
Your answers to these questions should become your immediate goals.
Also, your current use of time could be “stuck,” based on the early messages you received about using time appropriately. Why not work with us and replace any outmoded messages with your unique, up-to-the minute Personal Time Plan?
At Finding Time we will give you the tools to:
- Align your time choices and behaviors with your core values.
- Establish your current time priorities.
- Develop time resiliency to achieve your evolving goals.
- Work effectively in accordance with your natural life transitions.