Scarcity, as we noted earlier this week, is a matter of perspective and choice, rather than a description of reality.
And as we discovered with the meaning that we ascribe to failure, scarcity limits your perspective in ways that you can absolutely reframe for yourself.
The Scarcity Mindset is a trap – and it’s one that needn’t snare you!
Scarcity Mentality: 3 Tips to Free Yourself from the Trap
Here are 3 time choices you can make to free yourself from the mind-numbing Scarcity Trap:
- ACCEPT deep inside your core that time is limited. It is a paradox – making abundant time choices begins with FULLY ACCEPTING that time is finite!
- It is SO tempting to try to squeeze just a little more into your day than you can comfortably fit. When you do that, it keeps you stuck on the treadmill, chasing after opportunities that are always just out of reach. You set yourself up to be disappointed (and over-extended) daily.
- So don’t stop at accepting … EMBRACE reality – it’s where your power truly lies!
- Create CRYSTAL CLEAR PRIORITIES. Once you fully grasp the nature of time’s limits, you see how vital it is to set clear priorities.
- Creating a hierarchy of priorities is a cornerstone of developing an abundance mentality.
- You develop the foundational skill of distinguishing your wants from your needs. And that makes it infinitely easier to simplify your life without feeling deprived. When you truly accept that some letting go is essential, your resistance to making tough decisions will evaporate, giving way to inner contentment.
- Why does courageous prioritizing bring freedom and spaciousness? Because making the difficult decisions and living by them CREATES MORE YOU! You are more defined and more mature. You experience firsthand how simplifying your schedule to fit the 24 hours in a day EMPOWERS you to step off the treadmill.
- And the more you experience your personal power through wise time choices, the less you look outside yourself. That is when your own INNER ABUNDANCE really shines.
- BE gratitude. This dramatic shift in consciousness generates instant fulfillment.
- Only when you experience how gratitude transforms your approach to life will you possess EVERYTHING you need to live with joy. And that is abundance!
- As you simplify your schedule and set aside time to look within, notice how you can make healthy decisions for yourself more easily. Positive builds on positive, and your circle of appreciation grows!
- Try writing down 3 things you are grateful for every night, and note how the choices you make contribute to these blessings in your life.
Scarcity Mentality: Transforming It
Moving from scarcity time to abundant time is a journey. Some rewards are immediate. Others come more slowly. Nightly rituals like writing down 3 blessings carry a triple benefit:
- They enhance your awareness in the moment,
- They help you identify the time choices that truly bring joy to your life, and
- They enable you to trace and validate your progress.
By transitioning from the illusion of scarcity to the reality of inner abundance, you enter a flow. Your creativity has fertile ground to flower, and you feel freer to experiment. And as you expand and deepen, mistakes reveal themselves to be the lessons they always were.
It’s like waking from a spell!
So, while you’re supporting and energizing yourself by moving from scarcity to abundance, wouldn’t it be refreshing to let go of the debilitating impact of self-criticism in your life? My Exercise and Guide Book titled, “‘These Critical Voices Are Driving Me Crazy!’ How to Use Positive Self-Talk to Save Your Sanity and Your Time!“ offers proven techniques and practical tips to quiet those disruptive, haunting and hostile voices of self-criticism.
We really can make conscious choices about the kinds of messages that we give ourselves. And as an added bonus when you purchase this Exercise and Guide Book you can quickly get back your investment. You’ll find all the details at the end of the Guide Book.
So, this Exercise and Guide Book gives you a step-by-step path to take back your power and quiet the self-criticism that saps your confidence, your energy, and your time. Just click this link to learn more!