Yet, our sleep time is often squeezed by other things. How many times have you stayed up late in order to finish a project or do “just-one-more-thing”? How many nights have you tossed and turned as you struggled to quiet your worries, stresses or conflicts?
Sleep time can be hard to come by. But if we sacrifice sleep for other priorities, or if we try to sleep but insomnia keeps us wakeful, we pay a price. Energy dwindles, maintaining focus becomes a challenge, and productivity plummets. Indeed, whatever we think we might gain by burning the candle at both ends is really an illusion.
Sleep Time: Affirmations Can Really Help!
Finding time to rest requires letting go. Sleep isn’t an activity where striving brings success. So, affirmations can be especially helpful when sleep is elusive. They help you open and let down.
Affirmations are very individual, so it’s important to find the special ones that work for you. You’ll know when you’ve hit on the right one(s) because of how the words make you feel. Following are some examples. Feel free to use them if they work, or to build on them with your own, unique spin:
- My sleep is sound and sweet. I dream deep.
- Every night when I lie down I close my eyes and let peace flow through my body like a serene brook.
- Sweet sleep comes easily to me; my mind is free from stress.
- At the end of the day, I let go of my fears. I release myself from worrisome thoughts. My gentle breath carries me through the night.
- I fall asleep quickly without tossing or turning. My sleep is profound and rejuvenating. In the morning, I wake up refreshed because I get plenty of rest.
- I relax before bed. I listen to soft music, light my favorite scent, and meditate on my day. I turn the TV off and let go of tension.
- My pillow, mattress, and bedding are perfect for me. I soften the lights and let go of my day.
- I focus my mind on pleasant thoughts and allow myself to drift off peacefully.
- I visualize a place that I love, and let myself settle in there. I look around with gratitude. I breathe deeply.
As you explore using affirmations, you may also find that there are concrete changes you can make to enhance your sleep time. Ask yourself some basic questions about your sleep patterns from time to time; the answers may surprise you. Try starting with these three questions and see where they lead:
1. What helps me feel comfortable in my bed?
2. What can I adjust in my environment so I can sleep better?
3. Why is it important to watch what I eat before bed?
Your sleep time soothes, refreshes, and rejuvenates you. The more you give yourself this gift, the better you will feel and the more fully you’ll be able to live each waking moment!
And if you’d like to learn more about how you can expand and deepen your time and efforts … in whatever areas you choose, read on! Here’s a great way to explore avenues to increasing your time skills and heart-based power – whether it’s in your business, or your personal life. I am so pleased to be able to offer my expertise and support as The Official SelfGrowth.com Guide to “Time Management”.
You can visit by clicking the link, and when you do you’ll find lots of time management articles by experts in the field, along with a vibrant and welcoming on-line community. Stop by my Expert Page and leave a comment or question … or just say hello. There are lots of ways to connect … let’s get started!
- Exercise for Health in 2013: Keep Yourself Going with Affirmations! (thetimefinder.com)
- Relax! Enhance Your Holiday Moments Using These Timely Affirmations (thetimefinder.com)
- Gratitude: Feel How It Deepens and Expands Your Time! (thetimefinder.com)