The shift to Daylight Saving Time is an excellent, annual example. I notice that this transition becomes more of a challenge as I age. But I also notice how, with the years, I acquire new skills for managing the changes.
Transition Times: Boundaries are key
Creating boundaries is your right. Did you ever think of it that way? And during a time of transition, your boundaries help define your pathway.
You have the right to set boundaries that are beneficial to you. You can create boundaries to protect your time, your energy, and your space. These boundaries support you in using your power in appropriate ways.
Because a transition time can be disorienting, it is especially important to create your own, clear boundaries so you can support yourself through the transition process.
Transition Boundaries: 3 Tips
- Think about your boundaries before implementing them. Plan ahead for best results. Record your boundaries, and when you choose to use them, in your calendar. Visualize acting on them and be aware of your feelings. Get used to them in advance. Soon they will become automatic for you.
- Make your boundaries specific. A specific boundary is concrete and clearly defined. It is grounded in your reality and your needs. The more carefully you develop your boundary, the more you can hold onto it and adapt it if necessary.
- Maintain the boundaries you’ve created. Keep your promises to yourself. You need to become your own positive role model and best friend. Once you set your boundaries, make sure you follow through. That way, you reinforce your trust in yourself.
Transition Bonus Tip:
Assess and reassess your boundaries. Analyze the effectiveness of the boundaries you set. Are they still meeting your needs? Be specific about any problems you encounter. Then brainstorm solutions and try them out. Adjust your boundaries for a better fit. You can always change them again, if need be.
How can you use boundaries to ease a transition in your life … starting today?
And if you’d like to learn about the ways that your self-criticism eats up your time and energy … and change that for yourself, here’s something to explore! My new Exercise and Guide Book titled, “‘These Critical Voices Are Driving Me Crazy!’ How to Use Positive Self-Talk to Save Your Sanity and Your Time!” offers proven techniques and practical tips to quiet the disruptive, haunting and hostile voices of self-criticism that we all carry inside.
We really can make conscious choices about the kinds of messages that we give ourselves. This Exercise and Guide Book gives you a step-by-step path to take back your power and quiet the self-criticism that saps your confidence, your energy, and your time.
Don’t let those hurtful voices hold you hostage! Click the link to get started!
- Rituals Revitalize, Deepen and Expand Your Energy and Time! (thetimefinder.com)
- Procrastination Got You Stuck? Self-Criticism Might Be the Culprit! (thetimefinder.com)
- Perfectionism Eating Your Time and Energy? Here’s Your First of 3 Timely Tips (thetimefinder.com)